[gdm-list] gdm problems with emac apple

hello, my name is paolo, i got a powerpc apple macintosh g4 emac

i have installed gnu/linux on the powerpc and all it's ok, but gdm does not run
why ?

these are the replies that give me:

(Impossible to launch X Server Interface Graphic, is possible that is not configured correctly. Visualize the output to diagnostic the... Yes or No This X Server Will come disabled. reboot GDM after to have configurated Yes)

What i must to do ? how i must configure GDM ? what i must change in GDM ? where i find it ? to enable X Server what i must to do ? then what i must to do to launch Gnome ? Where i find GDM ?

can you help me ? i know that you got many job to do, but i hope you would help me, i don't know more to write. at the moment on the powerpc i got mac os Jaguar and Gnu/Linux Ubuntu Hoary, but i can work only by shell, nothing else.

i describe to you the hardware apple macintosh i got: you can see my powerpc on:

http://www.computingreview.com/cat/hardware/desktop-computers/apple/PRD_253669_5639crx.aspx

i updated only the memory from 128 mb to 384 adding 256 mb the specifics are : Screen Type CRT 17 inch Processor Type PowerPC G4 Motorola 7441 @ 700 Mhz Level 2 Cache 256 KB @ 700 Mhz Bus Speed 100 MHz Ram 384 Mb PC2100 SDRAM Hard Drive 40 GB Maxtor Ultra ATA 5400 RPM Combo: CD-RW and DVD-ROM realized by Toshiba Svga Nvidia Geforce2 MX 32 Mb Modem 56 Kbit/s V.90 Ethernet 10/100 Mbit/s Usb 5 doors to 12 Mbit/s Firewire 2 doors to 400 Mbit/s audio minijack line in and line out Mouse Apple Usb optic 1 key realized by Fujitsu Computer Keyboard Apple Usb QWERTY realized by Mitsumi

awaiting for a reply my best faithfully,

paolo del bene

http://www.gnu-linux.it

ps: i installed in the past: debian, gentoo, and now i got ubuntu hoary, but i prefer gentoo,

if you can help me i am very grateful