[gdm-list] GDM and smart card logon

Dear all,

My company provides cross-platform smart card solutions.

Logical access is one of the areas I target, but I currently only support the
GINA technology (Windows) and am very interested in offering smart card logon
for GNU/Linux.

I have two questions.

1) "Administrative" :I assume gdm is GPL: can I package it in a commercial
bundle which would have the actual GPL gdm source and my code as binary ?

2) "Technical": (I have not looked at the code yet): is there any obvious
technical pitfall I should be aware of: I gather my implementation would
involve a daemon that would poll on smart card event (insertion/removal) and
send these events to the modified gdm that would in turn
2.a) request a user PIN and pass it to the card
2.b) retrieve logon information from the card (user, password, domain)
2.c) pass the information to the OS

Thank you and best regards,

Philippe

--