[gdm-list] GDM - Disable Input Methods during login ?

Hello there !

First - as this is my first posting on this list, a short introduction about myself.
-------------
I am a student at the university of leoben, styria, austria,
subject is about  'waste management & environment protection',
but as I did think I could spend some time  doing other things than studying  I came across some linux systems,and nowadays
I do some sort of linux application development for the university.
-------------------------------
My current project is an ltsp based terminal server, with about 30 thin clients to be served, and of course gdm as login manager :-)
---------------

A few days ago I discovered, that if you do 'right click' into the pam prompt, I get the same edit/input menu (with the ability to change the charset) I do when using just a normal gnome application implementing a 'text input field'.
-> look at screenshot at : http://oeh.unileoben.ac.at/max/gdm_input.png

As gdm does not tell anyone that the current charset has been changend, it might be quite confusing if someone changes the charset for example  to 'Cyrillic' , and no one can login any more,
because neither username nor password can be written correctly.

At least until either the client or gdm itself is restarted, or someone who knows about this issue turns back to the default charset.

I hope this problem description was sort of understandable, but is there a solution ? or is this a feature ?
--

Version i do use :
gdm version 2.6.0.9, src compiled because of 2 small patches :-)

---------
Thanks for help,
greetings

Markus