[gdm-list] RE: GDM and smart card logon

Hi,

I am starting to look at gdm source and have a few questions:

*** ASSUMPTIONS ***
I "understand" that the master launches a slave which in
turn launches a greeter and give it a *.png through a pipe. I assume here that
the greeter knows about the format of the dialog (ex: field names ...) and
plug the .png in it.
*****************************

1) Since my logon will only have one field: PIN code, I must change the
dialog. Where does the greeter find the dialog template ?

2) Are the greeter different (different pieces of code) when togin
remotely/locally ?

3) Is there a clean way for me to modify the greeter(s) (assuming it is the
greeter I must modify!) - my point would clearly be to have some type of
"plugin" mechanism (a bit like the soon to disappear Windows CSP) so various
vendors could hook-up their different cards/protocol without having to
recompile gdm ?

Regards,

Philippe

--