[gdm-list] GDM2 18.104.22.168 (stable), the "Better for BSD" release
- From: Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron Sun COM>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, GNOME <gdm-list gnome org>
- Subject: [gdm-list] GDM2 22.214.171.124 (stable), the "Better for BSD" release
- Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 14:56:44 -0600
(If you have no clue what gdm is, skip a few paragraphs down first)
The 126.96.36.199 release of GDM2 is a stable release which fixes
some significant build problems discovered since the last
release that affect BSD users and a few other minor bugfixes
and improvements. See below for more details.
- Changes to peeking VT freeness in 188.8.131.52 broke
virtual terminal support on BSD. This release
corrects this problem. (Brian Cameron)
- Correct Linux get VT logic so it returns the
correct VT. (Frederic Crozat)
- Now gdmlogin always uses GDK_RGB_DITHER_MAX
when painting the background to ensure a nice
background regardless of X configuration
(e.g. X in 16bpp mode). (Frederic Crozat)
- Now check for Xserver in prefix /usr.
- Fix configure for Darwin. (dmacks netspace org)
- Fix compiler warnings. (Frederic Crozat,
dmacks netspace org, Brian Cameron)
- Ensure gnome.desktop and default.desktop have
644 perms. (Andrew Benton)
- Translation updates (Takeshi AIHANA, Runa Bhattacharjee,
Dan Damian, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan, Inaki Larranaga,
Priit Laes, Roozbeh Pournader, Alexander Shopov, Marcel
Telka, Miloslav Trmac)
Note: GDM2 was originally written by Martin K. Petersen <mkp mkp net>.
Much work has been done on GDM2 by George Lebl, and Brian Cameron
currently shares maintainership duties with the Queen of England.
Note2: If installing from the tarball do note that make install
overwrites most of the setup files, all except gdm.conf. It will
however save backups with the .orig extension first.
Note3: Note3 has been depracated ...
#endif /* GDM_DISABLE_DEPRECATED */
No RPM this time around BTW. Have fun. A spec file is included though,
so you can try:
rpmbuild -ta gdm-whatever.tar.gz
][Date Next] [Thread Prev