[gdm-list] GDM can not find gdm.conf

Hello everybody!
Well, to start, i have Fedora 4, and my gdm was running perfectly
nice!..... then I upgrade the OS using YUM, also no problem with this.
However, when rebooted the machine, the Login screen was changed... I
was using the Fedora default log in screen, Now i have other, very ugly.
So i run gdmsetup (the graphical interface did not start), and I get a
mesg. that gdm.conf was not found!... pretty wired because i was
in /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf

Then, after playing arround, i boot in level 3 and then run gdm from
there and GOD, here i it works. I get my log in screen back!!... But,
again in level 5, i get again the other one.

More info. with more playing arroun, i satrted a second gdm session
in :1 (in level 5).. so i have the ugly screen in :0 and my beautifull
one in :1. More over, in :0 .. non of the gdm* aplications work but
in :1 all worwed nice!.

Then i end here, and i read some posts.. and I did this in :0
[root localhost srios]# gdmflexiserver --command=GET_CONFIG_FILE

(gdmflexiserver:3575): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session
manager: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication
protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.
Could not access GDM configuration file.

Then also in :0 I did >
[root localhost srios]# /usr/sbin/gdmsetup
--config=/etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf

(gdmsetup:3594): GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session
manager:
Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols
specified are supported and host-based authentication failed.

The interesting is that with the avobe my gdmsetup works...obvusly when
I made some change in the GUI is not done in the gdm session. I think
that some how the update install a version of gdm which path to the
confing file is changed.. and in this path there is no conf.
file..(obvius) ... is there any way to see where is trying to read the
conf file.. or is there any way to change the path of the gdm on boot
time...(i want my original log in or even i want to change it)

I even remove gdm .. yum remove gdm.. and reistal it... nothing..

I really apreciatte any help with thes !!

Sebastian Rios