Re: Different config options for different X servers?

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 05:10:29PM -0600, Brian Cameron wrote:
> >I use gdm to start several local, 'static' X servers. One is an ordinary
> >X.Org server. The others are Xvnc servers. In reality these provide
> >remote access (since a remote VNC client of some kind connects to them),
> >although gdm thinks of them as local X servers because they are not via
> >XDMCP.
> >
> >I'd like to be able to specify different settings for some gdm options
> >for these two classes of server. For example, I want Reboot and Shutdown
> >buttons enabled on the local X.Org display, but not on the VNC displays.

I suppose there should be a flag in the server config to mark it as non-local
so that gdm doesn't treat it as if it were on the console.

Currently there aren't many options that apply per-display.

BTW, Mark McLoughlin was working on some VNC setup for gdm so that you
wouldn't have to run the Xvnc servers as above but they would be started
dynamically, I don't know the progress or the status of that.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   Who killed bambi?   -- Sex Pistols