Re: kerberos, pam_krb5 and ccache file

Am 28. Jan 2005 um 16:11 CET schrieb Brian J. Murrell:
> If I login on the console (mingetty/login) I get a credentials cache.
> kinit shows as much.  However if I log into a desktop with gdm, no
> credentials cache.

Did you compare the entries for "login" and "gdm" in /etc/pam.conf
or /etc/pam.d (or wherever your particular flavoured OS keeps those
data)? It looks like the pam account mgmt-phase is missing, at least
from looking at your log. On FreeBSD however, all the default entries
don't invoke pam_krb5 for 'account' either, only for 'auth'.

Volker
--
http://www-i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/stolz/ *** PGP *** S/MIME