Re: none

In the future please email the gdm sunsite dk list instead of
contacting me directly.

Nagesh> I am facing one problem in Linux server. First of all not able
Nagesh> to login as root account.

Most likely because root login has been disabled in gdm.conf.

Nagesh> Secondly, I am not able to open X-Windows. I getting the
Nagesh> message "Server authorisation directory (daemon/SerAuthDir) is
Nagesh> set to /var/gdm but is not owned by user gdm and group
Nagesh> gdm. Please correct the ownership of gdm configuration
Nagesh> /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf and restart again"

Nagesh> What setting has to be done ?

Just do what the error message tells you.  chown gdm.gdm /var/gdm

--
Martin K. Petersen      http://mkp.net/