Re: disabling logout actions?

Simon:

Try setting the HaltCommand in gdm.conf to nothing.  That should turn it
off.

I recently found that gnome could shutdown my machine, regardless of the setting of "SecureSystemMenu=true" in gdm.conf.

It appears that it does a SET_SAFE_LOGOUT_ACTION REBOOT, which gdm executes. I can't find any way to turn this off in the gdm options.

Is there a way to disable it?

If not, I believe there should be. Ideally it should at least be consistent with the "SecureSystemMenu" option, or probably have its own option.

As a temporary workaround, I think I should be able to do:
/usr/bin/gdmflexiserver --sm-disable -a -c "SET_LOGOUT_ACTION NONE"

in the PostSession script. But this is not nice, nor obvious.

Cheers,

  - Simon