gdm and ssh keys

Hi,

It seems like the following would be a neat idea:

have login based on an ssh-key and passphrase instead of on a password
in /etc/passwd or /etc/shadow. Have the option to have gdm log you in by
starting an ssh-key-agent and requiring the ssh-key-passphrase, the
password dialog could be an ssh-askpass-gnome. that way you only have to
enter one passphrase and all subsequent session ssh activities would be
completely transparent. Note that I'm not talking about remote logins
per ssh, and I'm not suggesting that the local session be encrypted, I'm
just suggesting that users don't need a system password *and* an
ssh-key-passphrase...one of them would do the job brilliantly.

-j

any replies can please bcc me at jbuhl_nospam {at] gmx (dot} de , since
I'm not subscribed.