Re: AutomaticLogin on multiple servers

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 05:25:57PM +0100, Jan-Thomas Czornack wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got the following problem: I use gdm to start multiple (3) displays
> on my machine (enabled it in the [servers] section of the gdm.conf). Now
> I want to automatically login three different users on these displays.
> Using the AutomaticLogin I can login one user, but not the others. I've
> read about a giving a program name and a vertical bar (|) to the
> AutomaticLogin, but I did not get it to work. I've written a small
> shellscript that just does:
>
> echo username
>
> and saved it to /tmp/program (also did chmod +x)
>
> in my gdm.conf I used
>
> AutomaticLoginEnable=true
> AutomaticLogin=/tmp/program|
>
> but it does not work. I also tried to put the script in /usr/local/bin
> but that did not work either.

The | thing is really for TimedLogin, AutomaticLogin only works on the first
local display.  You really want TimedLogin.  Just make the time say 5-10
seconds.  Also you must enable remote timed (it may be called automatic)
logins in the security section somewhere.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   I either want less corruption, or more chance to participate in it.