Login Warnings

Is there any control the sys admin has over the warning messages for
password issues?  I did get a password expiration warning and a delay to
read the message when attempting login but now the message flashes away
as the login continues.

I must admit I'm playing with various parts of the process because I
want to:

1.  Have a message for all users to acknowledge prior to login (gdm.conf
=> InfoMsg works fine except I would like to change the backgound
color--see previous message).

2.  Have a script start up in the background AFTER successful login and
all system login messages have completed and/or acknowledged.  I have
tried that with a bash script in the <etc>/PostLogin directory which
calls a perl script and puts it in the background.

Thanks.

Tom Browder