.png resolution

Hello GDM gurus

I need to setup a new GDM greeter screen. Basically I just want to be
able to drop in a different backdrop for the login screen.

I have on concern before I attempt this.

The documentation (which is very good thank you) says that the .png file
should be 200x150 resolution however the examples from art.gnome are
obviously higher resolution (around 800x600) and not simply scaled up.

So I am about to go out and capture the landscape pictures which I wish
to use and need to know the rules around the resolution size. I intend
it to be used on machines of varying resolution so I need to know what I
can and can't do, and I'm trying to avoid having to learn the info
through trial and error.

Many Thanks,

Rob.
Gnome person from New Zealand