No sessions left?

Hi list.

As a last resort I'm turning to the gdm mailing list.

After compiling and upgrading to gdm-2.4.4.2 I can no longer log into
gnome correctly.

The only sessions I can choose from when starting gdm is
Last
1. Default System Session
Failsafe Gnome
Failsafe Terminal

My /etc/gnome/gdm/Sessions contains two files, Gnome and Xsession, and
/etc/gnome is the directory that I have configured gdm to use
(--sysconfdir=/etc/gnome).

The problem remained even after I upgraded to gdm-2.4.4.3

If i log in to failsafe gnome it starts up and works fine, but I don't
get my startup program runnings for example, which is a bit frustrating.

Why wont the sessions in /etc/gnome/gdm/Sessions get recognized? It
worked fine up until gdm-2.4.4.1 (or if it was 2.4.4.0)

Normally when I'm having troubles a quick google'll do the trick, or
when that fails a slightly longer google, but I have been unable to find
a problem similar to my own.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Peter