selecting X invocations

Is it possible to set up gdm so that a use can select how the X server
itself will be invoked? This is different than "Sessions" because a
session is run after the X server is already running. I want to run the
X server with a different set of parameters (mainly specify a
-xf86config option to use different X setups). I don't see how this can
be done from the docs. Thanks for your help.

Please respond directly to me, I don't subscribe to this list. Thank
you.

--
Keith Dart