Re: Small and dirty patch ;)

On Sun, May 18, 2003 at 01:02:54PM +0200, christophe nowicki wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've made a small patch for gdm-2.4.1.4.
> I've added a new option to gdm.conf : AutomaticLoginSession
> Now you can chose your automatic session name.
> I've tested it on my linux box but not the XDMCP autologin.
>
> Thanx for GDM this software rocks :)

This patch is not really correct in memory handling btw and in handling of
the introduced is_automatic flag.  Besides, what is the exact usuage of this
that can't be achieved by making

~autouser/.gnome2/gdm

contain

[session]
last=SessionName

The automatic login just uses the saved session name.  So you could really
just log in, tell GDM to save this session name as your default and then
setup automatic login.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>