Customizing gdm

Hello,

Could somebody please advise me on whether it's possible to customize the gdm greeter to include a custom UI element (dropdown or a menu that behaves like system_button) which will contain custom captions and pass the ID of the selected choice to the PAM framework (or record it in some other way) when the user tries to log in?  I've read Brian Cameron's/George Lebl's GdmGreeterThemeManual.txt from cover to cover, but still don't see any way to add custom items to the gdm screen.

Thanks in advance!

- Slav Inger
- vinger ford com