Re: utf8 -> UTF-8 in locale.alias

George <jirka 5z com> さんは書きました:

> On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 08:38:22PM +0100, Mike Fabian wrote:
>> 今日は   <- workaround for ezmlm bug[1]
>>
>> I'm resending that mail because ezmlm deleted the first part.
>> It always does that for MIME multipart mails when the first
>> part has no charset (i.e. it is us-ascii). That's an ezmlm bug.
>>
>> gdm2 currently uses wrong spellings for the locale names in
>> it's locale.alias file.
>>
>> For example, locale.alias contains de_DE.utf8. This works with glibc
>> because glibc doesn't care for differences in case and
>> minus-signs. But it doesn't work with X11, for X11 correct spelling
>> de_DE.UTF-8 has to be used otherwise the function XSupportsLocale()
>> will fail.
>>
>> Patch agains gdm-2.4.0.11.
>>
>> Footnote:
>> [1] I'm resending this mail because ezmlm deleted the first part of it.
>> It always does that for MIME multipart mails when the first
>> part has no charset (i.e. it is us-ascii). That's an ezmlm bug.
>
> I compeltely lost this mail (probably due to the amount of other mail in my
> inbox).  Anyway Applied this patch right now to HEAD.  Thanks!

Thank you very much.

> How come I did not notice this before ... hmmm

Looks like RedHat patched this in their gdm package, i.e. the problem
didn't occur on RedHat 8.0.

And on SuSE 8.1, kdm is the default and few people use gdm, therefore
nobody noticed during the beta phase of SuSE 8.1.

--
Mike Fabian   <mfabian suse de>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵¤ 。