Re: creating desktop icons in users home dir

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 09:40:37AM +0000, Martin Buchan wrote:
> I have tried various ways such as adding my code to
> /etc/X11/gdm/PreSession and

This runs as root and you will need to su to the user before writing anything
to the home dir since likely root can't write accross nfs.

> /etc/X11/gdm/Session/Default

Perhaps you're not selecting the Default session then, it would be weird if
it didn't work from here.  Unless of course gnome startup wipes these icons
somehow which I doubt.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   Zivot je kratkej a posranej, jako zebricek do kurniku.