Re: Access restrictions

pedro> Hi I have been playing arround aith an X terminal server using
pedro> gdm because of the eye candy ;)

pedro> I recently noticed that an user will login to 2 or more X
pedro> terminals and try to use web broswers on both with the intent
pedro> of sharing his account with an unauthoirized user

pedro> Ive been moving numbers arround [xdmcp] at gdm.conf but have
pedro> not found exactly what I need, can you help me limit individual
pedro> users only one login?

This sounds like a task for our good old friend PAM.

Look for maxlogins in /etc/security/limits.conf

More info here:

        http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/Linux-PAM-html/pam-6.html

--
Martin K. Petersen	Wild Open Source, Inc.
mkp wildopensource com	http://www.wildopensource.com/