list archives?

Hello,

I'm completely new to this list, so excuse me if this is a FAQ (and please enlighten me as to the location of any list archives or GDM FAQ - I was unable to find either of those).

The description field of the Redhat packages of gdm say that it "supports running several different X sessions on your local machine at the same time". Could someone verify that that is true and elaborate on what is meant by "several sessions at the same time"? Or point me towards documentation where it's described?

I'm wondering whether gdm supports the type of "user switching" that recent versions of Windows do - ie at the same station, two users have gdm-launched X sessions running at the same time, with one user's session visible from the current terminal while the other user's session continues running.

...or maybe I'm just totally misinterpreting that line from the rpm. Are there docs somewhere I'm missing? The package redhat distributes seems to have none, unless you count the readme.

--
Trever