Re: Patches for GDM

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 11:39:35AM -0500, Joe Clarke wrote:
> These patches were submitted to the FreeBSD ports tree for GDM.  They
> allow GDM to take advantage of login.conf on FreeBSD, and other OSes that
> support login.conf.  They were written and submitted by Volker Stolz
> <stolz hyperion informatik rwth-aachen de> with slight modifications by
> Maxim Sobolev <sobomax freebsd org> and myself.
>
> If there is a more formal way to submit patches to GDM, please let me
> know.  Thanks.

I'm just patching up gdm2 HEAD (gnome2 version) to have this.  Some stuff
changed so the patch you sent was way out of date (I know it's my fault for
being so lazy and waiting so long with it).  The good news is the language
selection should work though.  That is, unless the user selected and saved
another language, then gdm uses the language that comes from login.conf.

Of course I haven't even tried compiling this since I don't have freeBSD so
YMMV.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>