RE: GDM won't start anymore

> 2.2.0 is pretty old, you might want to try the newest version
>
> George

I did try upgrading, but that didn't fix the problem.  Since 2.2.0 was working before, I reinstalled that version, too, but no luck.  It seems like something outside of gdm has changed, but I don't know what--nothing I've done recently should have affected anything outside of my home directory.

If I look at the XFree86 log, it seems that when I try to start gdm X gets tied up setting up the mouse, but the log file up to that point is identical to the one generated when I start (successfully) with kdm or xdm.  Curioser and curiouser...

		Michael A. Gauland
		Sr. Research Engineer - Software
		Science & Technology Division
		Corning Incorporated