locking

Hi,

I'm setting up an environment here which uses an unusual filesystem
(novel/ncpfs) for the home directories.  There are several things which
are not (fully) supported under this filesystem.  The main one is
hard links which makes several locking algorithms not work.

There are several solutions which we have been using for other programs,
namely fixing the locking to use primitives which work for us, or
to use /tmp for all the locks.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to convince GDM to use a different
directory for lock files?  If it is I appear to have missed it in the
docs.  We appear to be using gdm-2.4.0.0.

Thanks.

Julian
--
Julian King
Computer Officer, University of Cambridge, Unix Support