Re: pam and gdm

Carlo> I use pam module pam_smb_auth to authenticate users via an NT
Carlo> PDC logins work via xdm I plugged the module in he
Carlo> /etc/pam.d/xdm when I use gdm to login , I do not get a login
Carlo> failure, but X restarts and represents the gdm login screen in
Carlo> my server log there is no pam failure but X server failure.
Carlo> BTW login via gdm for a native linux account works fine

GDM fails if the user has no home directory on the box.

Try setting UserAuthDir=/some/where/local in the daemon section of
gdm.conf.

--
Martin K. Petersen, Principal Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
mkp linuxcare com, http://www.linuxcare.com/