Re: gdmlogin 2 issues

jc> I am currently switching from kdm to gdm, however i cannot get the
jc> user.xpm files to show at login.  one of me is attached, as is the
jc> current gdm.conf.  There are ~ 12 users who are developing
jc> reading,writing and computer skills.  all the .xpm files without
jc> extensions are in a file /usr/share/faces.

/usr/share/faces shouldn't be a file but a directory containing one
icon for each user.

jc> how can I ensure that no session is selected, ie I wish to be able
jc> to start most users in Icewm and yet be able to have some running
jc> kde or gnome?

Make the /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/Default symlink point to the icewm
script to make that the default.

--
Martin K. Petersen      Cereal Bowl Engineer, Linuxcare, Inc.
http://mkp.net/         SGI XFS, Linux/PA-RISC, GNOME