gdm indirect XDMCP - anyone got working OK?

	Hi.

	I would be interested exchanging e-mail with anyone who has got
indirect XDMCP working OK with Helix shipped gdm.  Currently I am seeing a
bug that I have been chasing a while in gdm 2.0beta4 which means when gdm
serves indirect queries it will not start in runlevel 5 at boot.  The most
obvious symptom is init logging:

Nov 16 21:46:42 molniya init: Id "x" respawning too fast: disabled for 5
minutes

	on boot.

	My current fix is to boot runlevel 3, install gdm 2.0beta2 from a
Red Hat rpm (this is the last known working version), go to runlevel 5 to
provide indirect XDMCP and then upgrade to gdm 2.0beta4 when gdm is running.

	I guess this isn't too hard to solve since it works with gdm
2.0beta2 but I doubt this will be patched upstream since the author is
working on gdm 3 (gdm 2 is discontinued in GNOME CVS) and no gdm 2 bug
reports have been answered on the GNOME bug list for a long while.

	If anyone has already fixed this I would like to know before taking
too much time on it.

	Cheers,

	Paul

        Paul S Jenner
        UNIX Systems Administrator
        Surrey Satellite Technology Limited

        E-mail:   P Jenner eim surrey ac uk

        UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL E-MAIL IS NOT WELCOME AT THIS ADDRESS