Passwordless Click to Login

I am looking to set up gdm so that it displays icons for users to click on to
take them into their respective X sessions, without displaying anything but
these icons, and taking them in to their accounts without asking for a
password, just click, and they are in.

I have been trying to accomplish this with any current display manager,
without success.  Therefore, I am considering hacking what I want into gdm, as
it is the coolest display manager out there ;)

It seems it could be done pretty easily by being able to turn off the
login/password area of the face browser and configure it to try to login as
that user on click if the option is set in the config file.  It would probably
be a good idea to have some sort of password storage file or something for the
click to refer to so that the user's password on the machine wouldn't have to
be left blank, although there is probably a better way to do that.

Ideas?  Thoughts?  Already doable and I am missing something?

--
Daniel E. Markle