Re: Running out of Xlib clients

Schuyler> After days or weeks of running, I run out of connections to
Schuyler> Xlib.  I think the problem may be gdm related - i.e., when
Schuyler> someone logs out, should gdm restart the X server?

GDM resets the X server by HUP'ing it.

If this does not result in closing all connections, your X server is
buggy.  This is not entirely uncommon, unfortunately.

Like XDM, the next GDM release will have an option to apply the big
hammer to flakey X servers.

--
Martin K. Petersen      Principal Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
http://mkp.net/         SGI XFS, Linux/PA-RISC, GNOME