Re: Background

DemonNite> I have a question, how do I change the background color or
DemonNite> put an image on the background of the gdm greeter?  like
DemonNite> how redhat has? I am using Mandrake 7.2 and they have a
DemonNite> dumb purple color for the background and I would like to
DemonNite> change it or maybe add an image how would I do that?

Add something like:

        xsetroot -solid purple4

to /etc/X11/gdm/Init/Default

If you want an image, you can add this instead:

        xv -root -quit /path/to/my/favorite/image.jpg

--
Martin K. Petersen      Cereal Bowl Engineer, Linuxcare, Inc.
http://mkp.net/         SGI XFS, Linux/PA-RISC, GNOME