[gDesklets] Gnome (or KDE?) menu replacement, bonobo

Hello and greetings from Chile! This is my first post here.

My name is Mario and I'm starting with the gDesklet development. I
think you will see me around here constantly from now (I hope :-).

I would like to see if you please can help me with some
considerations, I want to replace the gnome panel by a Desklet, I have
seen some applets and some of them do mostly what I want, however I
read in gDesklets documentation that there's a <embed> tag but it uses
bonobo and bonodo started to be deprecated.

Is there another way to call an applet? or can I import some python
packages into gDesklets (pyGtk apps)? in that way, I could be able to
extend or do what I want to.

Regards.
--
http://www.advogato.org/person/mgonzalez/