[gDesklets] New toy for you all

Hi all,

I've been busy putting together the Desklet control so that installation
from the new site would be quick and painless.

It still needs some work, but for the most parts it works ok. You can
install desklets from the site and it'll automatically pull any control
dependencies it might have. You can also get the latest news from the site.

The package includes a GTK-frontend, which you can start by issuing
"python DeskletBartender.py". A command-line frontend is also there
(cmdesklet.py).. it does not do much, but you can check the code for a
quick tutorial on how to use the Assembly, which acts as the hub of the
control (see HACKING and TODOfor more info).

The current Desklets Desklet won't work with this control. It needs a
bit of tweaking first.

The code is in Chris' 0.40 repo. You can check it out with:

svn checkout svn://gdesklets.gotdns.org/gdesklets/trunk/controls/Desklet

And you'll end up with a Desklet dir containing the code.

I'll be snowboarding in the north for this week, so don't panic if I
don't answer any emails :)

Happy hacking!
- lauri

--