Re: [gDesklets] Move everything to svn.gnome.org?

Hi Lauri,

thanks for the mail. Here goes some comments:

2007/2/15, Lauri Kainulainen <lauri sokkelo net>:

Hiya,

instead of using multiple different SVN-repos (I have one, Chris has
one, and then there's the official gnome SVN), should we try to move
everything to gnome? This would make life easier for new people who like
to participate or test out the newest versions.

One repo is the way to go. I'm all for it.

I checked http://live.gnome.org/NewAccounts and getting an account seems
quite straightforward (but what is the difference between "maintainer"
and "developer"?).

Also I think we need to rethink the directory layout. Currently we have
  gdesklets/
      branches/
      tags/
      trunk/ <- contains gd35

OK. Normally tags are useful for releases, right? And we could have
v0.35.5in trunk and develop
v0.40 in branches.

(http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/gdesklets/?rev=3572)

Should we perhaps move to something like
  gdesklets/
      0.3/
          branches/
          tags/
          trunk/ <- contains current gd35
      0.4/
          branches/
          tags/
          trunk/ <- contains the 040-prototype
      website/
          branches/
          tags/
          trunk/
              module/ <- contains the drupal module for the site
              theme/  <- contains the gdesklets-theme for the site

Does this seem reasonable?

That's not intended AFAIK. It's nevertheless a good idea to have a deperate
website _super_ directory.
Do you think it's a problem to maintain the current directory layout?

Greetings,
Christian