Re: [gDesklets] gdesklets port to Solaris

Christian:
The attached patch improve the performance of gdesklets on Solaris significantly, please add it.

Thank you very much.
Chris
Christian Meyer wrote:
Hey,

thanks for the patches.
As for the gtop C module, well, it's a little bit buggy and we won't use it in gD0.40, Instead we will use the gtop library directly thru ctypes (Python <-> C). ctypes has been integrated in python 2.5

Do you mean that you are going to put the Solaris support along with
these two fix in the final release of 0.35.x. That's will be a great news.

I will apply them later in the evening.

P.S:Are you also the module maintainer in gnome community? I'm requested
these two fixes in the community by the policy.

Well, Martin and me are generally the maintainers of gD 0.35.x
Since 0.40 Lauri is also helping us. He did the new site and wrote some nice controls + code for the core.

Martin is quite busy at the moment. Unfortunately, me, too... :*(

Cheers,
Christian