dynamic mandatory keys?

GConf today (please correct me if I misunderstand this) is setup
to have a fixed set of mandatory and read-only (default) key/values
that are setup and maintained external to GConf.   A well behaved
GConf client, no matter how privileged, can not alter a mandatory
key nor create new ones, nor do so for the read-only default set.
A client can only create new keys (not in the mandatory set) or create
new current values for read-only keys (i.e. not using the default value).
Adding new mandatory keys, or changing the value of a mandatory or
default key must be done off-line.  Any thoughts on changing this
to allow a privileged client to use the GConf calls to update a key/ value
that is mandatory or read-only to unprivileged (normal) users/apps?
  -jrg