Re: current status/plans of gconf using d-bus?

Hi,

John Galloway skrev:
> I saw some old (2003) messages about gconf now being able
> to use d-bus, but looking in the current 2.13.5 source, I see
> no reference to d-bus at all.  So what happened?  Was it here
> then gone, is it here now and I just don't see where or...

The dbus port is used in maemo (http://www.maemo.org), and lives at
http://developer.imendio.com/wiki/GConf_D-BUS. It's a "minimal set of
changes" port, so it doesn't take full advantage of dbus. It will not
replace the upstream version as is, but there are plans for future
improvements to gconf, including using dbus natively here:

http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/plans.html

/Richard

--
Imendio AB, http://www.imendio.com/