gconfd-2 not shutting down

Hi,

I'm having trouble with gconfd-2 on a debian sarge based terminal server. The users' gconfd-2 processes won't shut down. I have to kill them once in a while, which is annyoing. Of course I could let a cron job do this, but that's not how it's supposed to be, or is it?

A search on Google, on this list and a quick scan of the FAQ didn't help. The only thing I found out is that gconfd should quit a few minutes after the user's logout. Well, it doesn't. At least not on my system.

The problem is, that it's a public internet access with lots of users every day, so the gconfd processes quickly fill up the process table.

Is this expected behaviour?

I think I probably missed something, since no one else seems to have this problem. But I'm running out of ideas on how to solve it and where to look, so I thought you could maybe help me out and point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

David

PS: The version of gconf2 in debian sarge is 2.8.1. Note that I'm not using gnome on the terminal server.