Re: Preparing GConf for the next generation (D-Conf related)

Philip Van Hoof wrote:

Hi,

I'm a bit confused here. Are you tearing GConf to pieces out of guesses on what you think needs to be done or do you have a list of requirements that you haven't posted (or I have missed)?

What I think would be the best piece of action that should be done long before starting to do any actual hacking on the library it self is to define what would be needed.

That is, what is lacking/need to be removed from GConf in order for it to be a viable solution for KDE, OpenOffice etc. And while doing that also get a clear view on what is currently lacking for GNOME.

After that merge these thoughts into a list of things that would make a different if we change and talk this through with the GConf maintainers to get an idea from them if it's a good idea from GConf's point-of-view...

Best Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

I'm guessing I don't need to cross-post this? I'll just put the link to
the gconf-list archived E-mail here.

So FYI:

 http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gconf-list/2005-March/msg00007.html

--