Re: Using gconf in setuid program?

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 19:59 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:

> Well, ideally the setuid program wants to see exactly the same settings
> as the user sees (e.g. mandatory > per-user > defaults) to enforce the
> same policy as the rest of the bits using these keys.

	Ah, I presumed you wanted the mount helper to implement some
system-wide policy which you didn't want the user to be able influence.

	In that case, then, you it not make sense for gnome-mount to just read
the policy from GConf and pass it to the helper via the command line or
environment?

Cheers,
Mark.