Re: Gconf backend reads values on demand ?

Mark,

Thanks for the response. One more question though. We're seeing on a
RH Enterprise Workstation machine (GConf 2.8), that very rarely, upon
gdm logout, the gconfd process for that user does not seem to be
terminating. Firstly, I don't know why this could ever happen. Except
on these few occasions, I can see that the gconfd-2 process is cleanly
shutdown and a different process started upon re-login. I also wrote a
test program that constantly keeps querying an arbitrary key in GConf.
This program runs in the background, while I do a relogin. Even in
such a situation, I see that the gconfd-2 is actually restarting.
However, just those random few cases, I saw the old process alive.

In such a situation, would the values read by the previous sessions of
be retained ?

Is there any other scenario in which values could be retained across sessions.

Thanks
Hemanth