Re: Major problem with gconf mandatory settings.

Mandatory means just that--it's required, can't be changed.  It's
mandated.

If you want to provide defaults to users but allow them to change you
want defaults.

So instead of

     xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory/

you want

     xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/

Jay