Re: gconf halting during red hat gdm login

Hi,

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 15:55 -0700, Alex Gallichotte wrote:
> Hello -
>
> 	Maybe you can offer some insight into a problem I've been having.  My
> machine is a RedHat 8.0 machine with the stock GConf-1.0.9-6 rpm.  It is

Sorry to reply a month later, you got lost in the mail folders ;-) To be
honest I don't remember what bugs/patches were in the Red Hat Linux 8
version of gconf. Since RHL8 doesn't even have security updates
available anymore, I'd strongly recommend upgrading to either Fedora
Core 3 or Red Hat Desktop / Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS which most
likely do not have this bug. http://fedora.redhat.com/about/rhel.html is
good if you aren't sure which one to try.

If you do want to keep fighting with RHL8,
http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ has some information about
debugging lock files; if none of that applies I don't have a guess
offhand.