installing schemas

Hi all

I'm having some problems installing schemas. I install the schemas into
/etc/gconf/schemas/<name>.schemas, and then run

export GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=`gconftool-2 --get-default-source`
gconftool-2 --makefile-install-rule /etc/schemas/<name>.schemas

The schema is installed into the defaults database, but users don't see
the default config values until they restart the gconf daemon.

I've looked at a couple of other applications, which use the same
process for installing schemas. I've never had any problems when
installing other apps, while I need to restart the daemon to have my own
app working.

Should I just install the schemas and put a note in the docs about them
needing to restart gconfd before starting the app? Or is there a better
solution?

--
Erik Grinaker <erikg wired-networks net>
http://erikg.wired-networks.net/

enthusiastic about."
                                                      -- Albert Einstein