Re: Setting mandatory values to create default panel

Hi Emmanuel,

On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 19:16, emmanuel lewis wrote:

>   When I log off the account and out of
> gnome, gconfd write numerous error messages (Error setting value for
> `/apps/panel/profiles/default/panels/bottom_panel/panel_size': Can't
> overwrite existing read-only value: Value
> for`/apps/panel/profiles/default/panels/bottom_panel/panel_size' set
> in a read-only source at the front of your configuration path).  I see
> this message for each value I set mandatory.  What would be trying to
> change this value?  Why at log out would something try and change the
> read-only value?

	gnome-panel in 2.0/2.2 was dumb - it treated GConf like a normal
configuration file by loading the configuration on startup and saving it
on exit. GConf apps are supposed to only change values in the database
as a result of user input and then react to notifications of those
changes being successful.

	In GNOME 2.4 the panel's configuration code has been re-written and
does things right.

	On logout, do you see errors in syslog or is a error dialog presented
to? If its just warnings to syslog they can be safely ignored (there's
probably some way you could filter them out).

Cheers,
Mark.