Re: Possible gconf problem: no keyboard anymore

Hi,

On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 17:00, Guillaume Blanc wrote:

> I'm running gnome 2 with Mandrake 9 on a Dell laptop. Up to know
> everything was working perfectly. But at some point (I remember I was
> playing with the <shift>-PageUp/Down to scroll in the gnome-terminal) my
> keyboard became ineffective: impossible to send any key to the terminal.
> The only working keys are the Function key (Dell laptop) to play with the
> screen luminosity.

	My guess is that you held Shift for 8 seconds or pressed it 5 times and
this enabled a very confusing accessibility option. Unfortunately, I
can't reproduce this at all on Fedora Core 2 and I don't understand why.

	(The solution to your problem is more than likely to set
/desktop/gnome/accessibility/keyboard/enable to FALSE or probably just
hold down shift again or press it 5 times.)

	Could someone on the accessibility list clear this up perhaps? What is
the magic sequence of keypresses and if its hold shift for 8 seconds and
press shift 5 times ... why doesn't that work for me?

Thanks,
Mark.