Re: Getting all the configuration sources

Hey,

On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 13:54, Fernando Herrera wrote:
> Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 09:30:23AM +0100, Mark McLoughlin escribi�
> >On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 06:56, Hemanth Yamijala wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Is there any way for a program to get information
> >> about what configuration paths are currently applicable on
> >> a given system ?
> >	No, there's no way of doing that - but something like:
> >
> >GSList *gconf_engine_get_addresses (GConfEngine  *conf,
> >                                    GError      **err);
> >
> >	might make sense to mirror gconf_engine_get_for_addresses().
> >
> >	What do you want to use this for, though?
>
> 	that would be also great for gconf-editor, to allow it edit
> every local source. Right now we are autoguessing default and mandatory
> sources using:
> GCONF_DEFAULTS_SOURCE=`gconftool-2 --get-default-source`
> GCONF_MANDATORY_SOURCE=`echo $GCONF_DEFAULTS_SOURCE | sed -e s/gconf.xml.defaults/gconf.xml.mandatory/`
>
> 	at configuring time.

	Okay, someone should bugzilla that then.

	Unfortunate thing is though that we have to add an extra operation to
the ConfigServer CORBA interface for this. The client side has no
knowledge of the list of addresses for the default sources stack.

Cheers,
Mark.