Re: Using gconftool-2 tool to add icons on menu panel for the users

Hi,

On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 22:18, Qihua Wang wrote:

> I also noticed that in my $HOME/.gconf/apps/panel/default_profiles,

	Don't look at the actual files :-) Just use gconftool-2 -R

> there is profiles directory as well. Looks like the panel
> takes the profile directory as its preference setting not the default_profiles.

	default_profiles is intended to be like /etc/skel - its just for new
users. So, if this user has logged in once already you need to do it in
/apps/panel/profiles, otherwise you need to do it in
/apps/panel/default_profiles.

	One problem could be that applications://netscape.desktop isn't being
found - look in ~/.xsession-errors. So, try doing object_type ==
"menu-object" instead to see if you get a menu button.

Cheers,
Mark.