Default locked config with GConf

I'm trying to use the config of a "template" user as the readonly default for all other users in a server. I've created the template user (/home/template), changed some settings, like using a solid red background and added

xml:readonly:/home/template/.gconf

to ~foo/.gconf.path

When I login as foo, it uses the factory defaults. When I open the config apps, the template user settings are there (they appear in gconf-edit also).

I already changed all permissions under /home/template to og+rx. Am I missing something?

We're using Gnome 2.6 + Debian unstable here.

--
Diogo Kollross

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm