Interaction with transactional backends?

Hi all,

I was just looking over the backend api with the fact that changesets are
currently not transactional. As far as I can see, it's currently not
possible to take advantage of an already transactional backend because the
backend api doesn't account for it.

It seems that this might be a good idea; rather than trying (at some
indetermiate point in the future) to make gconf transactional independent
of the backend, let transaction support be a backend property (eg: begin,
commit, abort methods in the backend vtable) which are used by Changesets.

I'd be happy to take a stab at coding this if it's thought to be worth doing.

--phil